Project Food Blog

Quick Kedgeree

It's great now that the kids have started showing an interest in food and making things themselves. I was faced with the question tonight of 'what's easy, tasty and healthy. Oh, and fishy?' from our youngest. 'Kedgeree', I replied decisively. 'Keja what?'
Kedgeree, it's easy, tasty, healthy AND fishy. Now it's not often that happens, is it.?.. So we seized the moment! 
I had some saffron infused basmati rice in the freezer, left over from the paellas I made a few weeks ago.
 All the other ingredients luckily we had in the fridge!
My daughter chopped the shallots, wilted the spinach, poached the haddock, boiled the eggs, steamed the beans, .. and in less than twenty minutes we had before us an easy, tasty, healthy AND fishy dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment