Project Food Blog

Green Friday


Have to be quick as I need to pick up from ballet! I'm so excited about the Green Tea Ice Cream I made this afternoon... it's FANTASTIC! There is a little bit left for everyone else, but I did have yet another serving as I needed to take a photo!
Today I also had a friend round for brunch, she's been away teaching in Brunei for three years so it was great to catch up. As we were eating early, I wanted to do something light, so settled on Croissants with Asparagus and a Gruyère and Mustard Sauce. I had no recipe, but rather knew what I wanted it to look like and more importantly taste like when I'd finished! I made a Very Easy Cheese Sauce, used tinned Asparagus which was delicious and worked very well here. I heated the croissants in the oven, put 3 or 4 spears of asparagus on each opened croissant, spooned the sauce over the top, then sprinkled a little more grated Gruyère over the sauce. To finish, I popped them back in the oven for a couple of minutes and voilà, a tasty and quick brunch. 

You could easily do this for large numbers with minimal effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment