Project Food Blog

Winter Wedding

We were invited to a very glamourous and contemporary wedding reception last night, and even though I was unable to hit the dance floor (a great disappointment let me tell you) I still managed to have a grand time.The venue was absolutely gorgeous, set deep in the heart of The Cotswolds in a village called Lower Slaughter. It was on old country house called Washbourne Court, a former Eton school crammer, complete with olde worlde Cotwold charm on the outside, and a modern and stylish interior. There were roaring fires, unexpected little inglenooks to sit and chat,  and even cute little cottages for the guests to stay in.

Clearly where food is concerned, I am always on the hunt for inspiration, and was excited when they declared the buffet open. The attention to detail was superb, simple but extremely well presented and well executed.And again another idea I shall be using over Christmas as I hobble around!

We had Roast Pork and Crackling, apple sauce, home baked bread rolls and a huge assortment of cheeses, pickles, grapes and crackers, followed by gorgeous chocolate wedding cake. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment