Project Food Blog

Sunday Lunch for 30

Last Sunday we had friends over for food and drinks... we started at 1pm and finished about 1am the following morning... well done to all our friends... such stamina!!
As mentioned in my Winter Wedding post, I had already decided on a similar buffet to the reception, minus the Swan Ice Sculpture!

We had 2x  1.5 kilo joints of Roast Pork and Crackling.... I had defrosted them the night before but NOT left them long enough to dry the skin,which is the key to successful crackling..... So I borrowed my daughter's Christmas Hairdryer and my top tip now for the BEST crackling is to dry out the scored skin with a hair dryer on a low heat... the skin becomes lighter in colour once the moisture has gone. I'm told by one of my friends, Mark, who is a chef at Williams F1 Head Quarters... that the pork was perfect... high praise indeed!
We also had freshly baked bread buns, home made Apple Sauce with lots of Brandy in it, loads of different cheeses and  pâtés, an assortment of oatcakes and crackers, pickles, friends' homemade chutneys, fruit, Christmas cake, and of course the ubiquitous (at least for us) Mulled Wine Trifles (again!! ) Mark had 3 ... need I say more! I'm sure that you could do a similar Summer version with sparkling white or rosé wine, and something like cassis or elderflower cordial. I know we will all enjoy the research! Let us know if you already have a recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment