What to do with a potato and some leftovers
Lucy my lovely, just read your twitter comment! I may just have the answer to your snowbound prayers:
1. Preheat the oven to 180.
2. Peel 4 potatoes and slice very thinly
3. Do the same with 2 onions
4. Grate or chop any cheese you have
5. Layer up in an ovenproof bowl
6. Add 1/2 pint water, stock or milk, seasoned with salt, pepper and thyme
7. Cook for 45 minutes, putting a piece of foil on top if you don't want the top to go too brown.
Enjoy with cold meats, sausages, or on its own with HP sauce.
Posted by Kath