Project Food Blog

Where the Wild Things Were Last Night

Having parked rather cheekily up a pedestrianised one way street (I took a wrong turn, honestly it was an accident) to race into the last two shops in town that might sell cornmeal, as NONE of the supermarkets or Health food shops stock it at the moment where I live!) I frantically made my last minute essential purchase and headed home to cook the Cornbread for my lovely friend's birthday soiree. A Mexican theme. Right up our (One way) street!)
Her  intention was an evening of elegant dining, with singing of Gilbert and Sullivan Songs and bed by half 10.... but then someone had to go and open the Tequila!!!
We had a slightly raucous night, as often happens when a group of twenty or so 30 and 40 somethings get together. It was a great bunch of women, some of whom I had met before and others who were new to me last night.A really interesting mixture of people, all united by their friendship of one person.
What really struck me was we that we shared a collective feistiness, with a fresh, positive attitude towards life, work and business. I met a great girl called Donna who has a her own company renting Luxury Villas in Florida, a beautiful Italian lady, Rosa who I think I have agreed to ship my children off to, or maybe that got lost in translation, together with a whole host of other bright, intelligent and opinionated females! (If you are a like minded woman, check out Where The Bright Women Are, does exactly as it says on the tin!
Anyway, the food was fantastic and the Margaritas flowed! The thrice cooked Chilli at 3 in the morning is highly recommended. (Kesh had made wise use of Little Nanny's Jam Pan!)
And as for the pool table... well  let's just say it may have a slight skew to one side now (sorry Steve, at least we took our shoes off) and finally, for any of you who know how to play this game..... I have NEVER been to Florida. Pour yourself a shot if YOU have! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment