Project Food Blog

Caribbean Wedding


It was my lovely friends Tanya and Stuart's wedding reception a couple of weeks ago, and as they had blown the budget on their wedding in The Dominican Republic (see cocktail recipe below), they asked friends to contribute towards a bring and share buffet, a fabulous idea I thought. I'd planned to prepare a whole poached salmon, as I have very happy memories of our wedding day, when my Mum, bless her, did the same for us.
Readers of my chicken blog will know that we have been having major building work going on at our house, and when I agreed to cook something, I'd (foolishly, I came to realise) assumed my kitchen would be fully functioning! (I only had running water connected last Tuesday, and have been washing up in the back garden for the last seven months... seriously!!)

Luckily, I had a Eureka moment, when I remembered the old adage, If you can't do it yourself, ask someone else!

Thanks goodness for The Regency Fish Company, who supplied me with a huge 12 pound salmon, beautifully presented and with only 2 day's notice. It fed 60 people and I'm not ashamed to say I took all the credit!

No comments:

Post a Comment